Plans are afoot for a something a bit special in late January 2017.
Just as the dust has settled on the silly season and people are beginning to emerge from their turkey comas Fatbiking Europe is putting on a weekend of fatbike silliness in the stunning Jura mountains.
An informal gathering of fatbike loving goons in the Jura on the border of France and Switzerland.
Not a race, not an event, just a few days of riding in the snow, hanging out, talking bikes, drinking beers and generally enjoying the winter silliness.
We’ll be based at the Akena Hotel Du Commerce in Morez, France.
From there we can easily access the Juras massive network of trails (footpaths, roads and snowshoe trails) as well of off-piste options to be explored.
We are limited to about 20 places and so don’t dilly-dally, book your spot asap to avoid bitter disappointment!
It’s all happening from the 27th to the 30th of January 2017.
In order to keep things as cheap as possible we’ve organised rooms of 3 people (two singles and a double (sofa) bed and so it’s a snug and cosy affair.
The price is 135€ for the full weekend (45€ pppn) for the rooms.
Transport is up to you to sort out but there are lots of cheap options (see Transport section below).
Breakfast is available in the hotel (8€ – continental, don’t get too excited), lunches will be out and about and then we’ll either eat dinner in the hotel or head out in the village.
Vague itinerary (what’s currently in my head and likely roughly what will happen):
- Friday – We’ll all slowly arrive and gather at the hotel in order to check out each others bikes out, have a beer and get acclimatised.
- Saturday (day) – Up, breakfast, dressed and ready to get out early. Ride until lunchtime, eat and then ride some more.
- Saturday (eve) – Post-dinner night-ride for anyone who fancies it (bring your lights!). Not too far but likely very silly and fun followed by one too many beers.
- Sunday – A little more leisurely morning as we’ll likely be tired. Out mid-morning and ride, lunch, ride again into the afternoon. Head out for dinner and discuss all the daft things we’ve done.
- Monday – depending on what time you’re leaving you could get out for a short ride before packing up and buggering off home!
The Jura has ridiculously quick and easy access being so close to Geneva airport (cheap flights aplenty!).
From there it’s a quick train ride to La Cure on the Swiss/French border where you’ll be picked up and transferred to the hotel (for the price of one human beer!).
So what now….?
In order to secure your place you need to email: firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us you want to book a place.
You’ll then receive payment information and once your payment is received you’re in!!!
More information will follow and we’ll keep in touch about it all and are here to answer your questions, help with logistics or with anything else you need to get ready for the trip.
Keep an eye on the facebook event page for discussions and up to date info: click here
Below are a few photos from our last trip to the Jura to fire your imagination: